Showing posts from June, 2021

Direction of Sport in the Digital Age postponed

Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place throughout Victoria, GameDay and Vicsport have made the decision to postpone 'The 'Direction of Sport in the Digital Age' event. Current restrictions have made it impossible to allow the event to take place in a COVID-safe environment.  A new date for the event, originally scheduled for Tuesday 22 June at Deakin Downtown, will be announced in due course. We have already started contacting those who had purchased tickets for next week's event. If you have not been contacted by a member of the Vicsport or GameDay team, get in touch as soon as possible.  

In Focus: Albury Wodonga Football Association

Albury Wodonga Football Association (AWFA) act as the organisational body for non-professional soccer in the Albury-Wodonga region.  There are currently 12 clubs governed by the AWFA; six in Albury, three in Wodonga and one each in Myrtleford, Cobram and Wangaratta. First established in 1973, the AWFA recently adopted GameDay's Player Point Allocation (PPA) functionality, a tool which addresses equalisation concerns and escalating player payments within community football. The AWFA wanted to use PPA to provide greater opportunities for homegrown players, encourage a greater focus on youth development and reward clubs who develop players that progress through to National Premier League level. PPA was originally built for Australian Football League (AFL) use, but after discussions between GameDay and the AWFA they decided to trial its functionality for their own purposes.  Now, they are keen to maintain its use across various AWFA competitions. "We were after a system that would

Meet the Team: Thina Chelvam

It's time to introduce you to the GameDay team!  Get to know our fantastic group that little bit better. Up next is Senior Project Manager Thina Chelvam. When did you join the GameDay team? October 2019. What is your sport of choice as a spectator? AFL. Are there any sporting activities that you like to participate in? Basketball. Who is your sporting hero and why? Hands down, it would have to be Michael Jordan. His charisma, work ethic, focus and charm inspired and influenced not only the world, but generations of people from all backgrounds. His determination to always be better redefined sport.  What is your favourite sporting memory or experience? It had always been a dream of mine to watch a basketball game at Madison Square garden. I was fortunate enough to watch the Knicks play in 2015. Describe a normal working day for you in four sentences or less… Every day is different depending on the phase of the projects I am working on. But my days involve a lot of meetings, pre-plan

GameDay helps Richmond FC star raise $31,000 for Palestinian orphans

For the second time in as many years, GameDay has helped AFL club Richmond FC raise a substantial amount of money via their online auction platform.  In 2020, Dustin Martin's match-worn Tigers grand final guernsey closed for a record-setting $75,025.  Now, Bachar Houli's 2017 match-worn Premiership guernsey has sold for a remarkable $31,000, with 100% of the proceeds going towards the aid of Palestinian orphans via Human Appeal Australia .  "I have a passion and deep spiritual connection to helping the less fortunate, particularly the orphans," Houli said.  "As a father of three children I have a deep appreciation and gratitude for those growing up having lost the most important people in their lives. "I'm blessed to be in this position where God has given me so much and an opportunity to help others." Alongside our friends at Commerce Dynamics , we are proud to have provided the auction platform needed to raise such a substantial amount of money f

Passport Release Notes: May 2021

Our May releases include some important updates and new features outlined below: Functionality changes: - Teamsheet updates for some associations - Continued UI changes throughout the system in relation to the rebrand. Resolved issues: - ECAL widget display issues - Gender Identity field display issues - Fixture importer not allowing blank venues for Bye games - Issues with Match Day Paperwork App not syncing report data back to Passport for Match Officials - Schedula: The pre-process reports for some organisations in Schedula were returning with blank information

GameDay and the World Freestyle Football Association kick off an exciting new partnership

GameDay, the leading provider of digital solutions to international, national, grassroots and professional sporting organisations across the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, has today announced an exciting new partnership with the World Freestyle Football Association (WFFA), the world governing body for the sport of freestyle football.  The WFFA will rollout GameDay’s next generation membership and events platform to support them in their mission to develop and nurture the global structure for freestyle football. GameDay will provide their Membership and Events platform, which will assist in participant nominations for the WFFA-sanctioned events.  The WFFA have today launched event entries (nominations) and spectator tickets for one of these events: the Super Ball, taking place in Prague, Czech Republic in August. You can reserve your place here. Andy Graham, General Manager for GameDay, said: “We are very excited to par

Product Feature: Schedula - what is it and how can I use it?

If you're a match official working as part of a league affiliated with GameDay, the likelihood is that you've come across Schedula. Along with distributing match appointments, Schedula is also used for the management of availability throughout the season. Here's a closer look at how Schedula works. Match Officials At the start of the season, officials are emailed login credentials to their registered email address. In order to access Schedula, officials must advise the league of a valid, unique email address that is accessible. When logging into Schedula, officials will be presented with a customised dashboard. This screen brings together match appointments, availability and messages from the league. Managing availability online using Schedula allows the coaches making match appointments to only select those who are available. Officials can either mark their general availability or specific, one-off availability. Match officials can also manage availability within specific