GameDay and Openpay launch Sports Community Fund

By Published On: May 12, 2021Categories: Latest News
Does your sporting organisation have an exciting initiative that will be a positive impact to your community? Do you need some help in bringing it to life? The GameDay and Openpay Sports Community Fund is on a mission to help local, grassroots and sporting organisations like yours.
GameDay and Openpay have partnered to offer access to the $50,000 Sports Community Fund, with each grant valued at $250 AUD. Learn more below or click here to submit your application:

Only succesful applicants will be notified

Terms and conditions apply. visitt www.openpay.com.au/legal for more information

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

How many grants are available? And, how will sporting organisations receive payment?

There are 200 grants available, each valued at $250. Succesful recipients will receive payments in the form of one (1) prepaid Mastercard gift card. The gift card will be posted via insured and registered mail by Australia Post.

Who can apply?

• Eligible sporting organisations of GameDay’s network.
  • Eligible sporting organisations who offer Openpay to their members and per participants (team players)
  • Sporting organisations who have no already received one (1) Sports Community Fund Contribution from Openpay and GameDay on/before Wednesday 30 June 2021 * Relevant to only to the 2nd round of the gran if needed

What do I, as a sporting organisation, need to apply ?

• An initiative or idea that encourages a passion for healthy and active lifestyles across all ages.
  • An active Openpay Merchant Account. ‘Active’ is defined as a sporting organisation who has transacted at least 1 customer plan in the last 12months.
  • Be a user of GameDay’s platforms and services.

What is the criteria for succesful applicants ?

Succesful applicants will be based on the following criteria:

• Has the ability to promote co-branded activations within the sporting organisations owned, paid or earned communication with their members.
  • Realistic and timely commitment to spend the fund by the end of the current Sport Season.
  • Your sporting organisations revenue is less tham $1m per annum.
What initiatives or programs can be funded?
  • Digital Marketing or technology solutions
  • Team Uniforms
  • Community events
  • On field signage
  • Print ad contributions (billboards, flyers, local newspaper)
  • Sporting equipment
  • Upgrades to facilities
What initiatives or programs can’t be funded?
  • Alcohol or tobacco products
  • Sponsored communication or activity related to Openpay’s direct competitors (e.g Afterpay, Zip, Klarna, Humm etc.)
  • Club Administration Fees (staff wages, cost-to-business fees, travel expenses).
  • Purchase of other digital products and solution that are competitors to GameDay
How often will Grant applications be assessed?
Every Monday, GameDay and Openpay will review the applications from the previous week to ensure the sporting organisations meet the criteria. Succesful applicants will be notified within 7 days from the date of submission.
How will I know if I’ve been selected for a Grant?
A member of the Openpay / GameDay Team will notify you by phone and email.
I’ve received a grant, so when do I need to spend he Sports Community Fund Grant by?
If you’ve been awarded a Grant, firstly Congratulations. We recommended the Sports Grant is used by the end of your current Sports Season. However, the prepaid Mastercards will have a two (2) year expiry date.

Who do I contact if I need technical assistance with my application?

For community Fund Enquiries or Marketing Support:
To Sign up to Openpay                                                                 To Sign up to GameDay
Jon Urquhart                                                                              Cam O’Riordan / Chris Guest
jonu@openpay.com.au.                                                                hello@mygameday.app

Want to work with GameDay? Get in touch with us here!

Share This Story